Subtle changes in your hearing can be difficult to detect because of how slowly hearing loss usually progresses. Even though children are regularly tested, the majority of adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. So why would your hearing be any less critical than your eyesight?
It’s worthwhile to have regular hearing tests, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be exposed by day-to-day situations. Do you frequently need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a difficult time hearing in noisy settings? Are you continually cranking up the volume on your TV? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you said yes to the majority of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association suggests hearing screenings every 10 years until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is an ideal reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing assessments give a reference point for future hearing examination comparisons, enabling you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, such as earwax accumulation, or noise-induced hearing loss, can be recognized early on by routine hearing tests, avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can on occasion signal root medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. If you do have one of these conditions, managing it may help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of untreated hearing loss. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and overall quality of life, letting you fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and stay alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing exam with us right away to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enrich your life.